Makes 580 mixture, 10.5g protein total. 1.8g protein/100g. 55g=1g protein
200g boiled potato, mashed (2.5g protein)
200g roasted pumpkin
15g (1 small) egg yolk (2g protein)
60g plain flour (6g protein)
100g Platypus bread mix
Salt and pepper to taste
- Mash potato and pumpkin together
- Add egg yolk, salt and pepper and mix well
- Mix plain flour and bread mix together and add to pumpkin mix, forming mixture into a dough
- Break off a handful of dough and roll into a 2cm wide sausage shape. Cut into 2cm discs and shape each disc into a ball. Press the ball against the back of a fork to give the gnocchi indentations.
- Place on a baking paper lined tray and freeze before putting into the final freezer container
- Cook in boiling water until gnocchi float to the surface.
Serve with butter, pesto, herbs or tomato sauce
To make a lower protein version, reduce the plain flour to 20g, increasing Platypus bread mix to 140g. Total protein 6.5g, 1.1g per 100g. To make a “free” version, use egg replacer instead of the egg yolk and 160g Platypus bread mix.