Ingredients (around 1:1 ratio of liquid to bread mix): If loaf turns out a bit ragged, increase water by 10ml; if loaf has larger holes and poor texture, reduce liquid by 10ml.
330g Platypus Foods Bread Mix
½ teaspoon salt (optional)
30g (1 tablespoon) honey
25g (1 tablespoon) melted butter
Warm water to make up to 340ml (around 285ml)
1 teaspoon (3g) dry active yeast
1. Mix honey, butter and warm water. Ensure mixture is lukewarm.
2. Add yeast, mix well and leave for 10 minutes, until yeast goes frothy.
3. Place bread mix and salt in bowel of electric mixer. Add liquids and mix at low speed for 1 minute. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and leave for 10 minutes for the starches to absorb the liquids (tip from cook for love recipe).
4. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix at medium speed for 3-4 minutes (mixture will look like a cake batter).
5. Spread dough into greased loaf pan (smaller and taller works best), ensure dough is touching all four sides and smooth the top.
6. Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for around 60 minutes until around doubled in size. This can take from 45-90 minutes. Covering bread with greased cling wrap works well as it can be easily removed without damaging and collapsing the bread. Rising mixture over a container of boiled water also works well.
7. After 30-45 minutes of rising, heat oven to 180 degrees so that the oven is at the correct temperature when the dough is ready.
8. Carefully remove cover and place bread in oven. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until loaf sounds hollow on the bottom when tapped. After 30 minutes, you can brush the loaf with 1 tablespoon melted butter to aid browning.
Leave until cool before slicing.
For baking in bread machine:
Follow steps 1-4, then spread it into pan of bread machine (without the paddle), smooth the top and use a manual setting to give the bread around 60 minutes rise and 60 minutes bake.