330g Platypus Foods Bread Mix
½ teaspoon salt
25g melted butter
100g cooked, mashed pumpkin (butternut works best)
Warm water to make up to 340ml (around 190ml)
1 teaspoon (3g) dry active yeast
- Mix honey, butter, pumpkin and warm water. Ensure mixture is lukewarm.
- Add yeast, mix well and leave for 10 minutes, until yeast goes frothy.
- Place bread mix and salt in bowel of electric mixer. Add liquids, mix gently for 1 minute,. Cover with cling wrap and leave for 10 minutes.
- Scrape down bowl and mix at medium speed for 3 minutes (mixture will look like a cake batter).
- Spread batter into greased loaf pan (smaller and taller works best), ensure batter is touching all four sides and smooth the top.
- Cover and leave to rise in a warm place for around 45 minutes (up to 90 minutes) until around doubled in size. Covering bread with greased cling wrap works well as it can be easily removed without damaging and collapsing the bread. Rising mixture over container of boiled water works well.
- After 30-45 minutes rising, heat oven to 180 degrees. (this will take around 15 minutes and allow the bread time to rise a bit more. Bread may take 45-90 minutes to rise)
- Carefully remove cover and place bread in oven. Bake for 45-55 minutes, until loaf sounds hollow on the bottom when tapped. After 30 minutes, brush the loaf with 1 tablespoon melted butter to aid browning.