Makes around 18 small scones. Made with cake flour is 4g total protein, 0.22g protein each.
325g Platypus Foods baking mix (or 36g cake flour (3g protein)
and 290g Platypus Foods baking mix)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
60g double cream (0.9g protein)
120ml rice milk
Squeeze lemon juice
- Heat oven to 210 degrees.
- Mix baking mix, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix cream, rice milk, lemon juice and vanilla and set aside
- Rub butter into flour mix until combined and mixture looks like sand.
- Add milk mixture, mix briefly until a dough is formed.
- Using extra wheat starch or baking mix on your surface, roll the dough into a rectangle around 2-3cm thick. Cut into squares and place on a greased tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes (keep an eye on them as they may need 10-15 minutes) or until puffed up and lightly browned.
Serve with jam and double cream.