Makes 12 muffins. Made with cake flour is 3g protein total, 0.25g each
240g Platypus Foods Baking Mix or 210g baking mix and 30g plain flour (3g protein)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoons cinnamon
100g butter, softened
¼ cup (40g) brown sugar
150g grated apple, juice squeezed out
180g apple sauce
15-45ml rice milk or other low protein milk (depends on juiciness of apples)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Line and grease muffin tray
- Mix baking mix, flour (if you are using it) and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light.
- Add apple, vanilla, sultanas and applesauce. Mix well.
- Add apple mix to dry ingredients, mix gently.
- Add the cider vinegar and coconut milk and mix briefly (don’t over-mix!) and spoon into muffin tins.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until skewer inserted comes out clean