Makes 215g. 1g protein total, 0.5g/100g
The banana flour and honey add extra nutrition and food for our good gut bacteria in this sugar free low protein cereal
1 cup (130g) Platypus Foods Baking Mix
33g banana flour (1g protein)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoons cinnamon
1 tablespoon honey
½ cup (130g) apple sauce or puree
60ml coconut milk or other low pro milk
- Pre-heat oven to 160 degrees. Oil 2 baking trays.
- Mix baking mix, baking powder and cinnamon together.
- Mix liquid ingredients together and add to the flour mix and mix well to form a thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into an icing bag and pipe little balls onto the baking tray (use a wet knife to cut the batter as you pipe to make it easier)
- Place the trays in the oven and bake for 25-35 minutes, until light golden brown. (the longer you bake the crispier the cereal will be, but take care not to over-cook).
- Loosen the cereal but allow it to cool on the trays. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.