Makes around 30 egg ring sized crumpets. 4.5g protein total, 0.15g each.
205g Platypus Foods Bread mix
205g Platypus Foods Baking mix
45g plain flour (4.5g protein)
¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
2 teaspoons baking powder
25g melted butter
250ml coconut or rice milk
320ml warm water
1 ½ teaspoons yeast
- Mix honey, butter, coconut milk and warm water. Ensure mixture is lukewarm.
- Add yeast, mix well and leave for 10 minutes, until yeast goes frothy
- Place bread mix, baking mix, baking powder and salt in bowel of electric mixer. Add liquids, mix gently for 1 minute, cover and leave for 10 minutes to allow the starches to absorb the liquids.
- Scrape down bowl and mix at medium speed for 3 minutes (mixture will look like a cake batter).
- Cover and allow to stand for 1 hour
- Heat frying pan over low heat, grease lightly with butter or oil
- Grease crumpet rings and place in pan.
- Place spoonful of batter into crumpet rings, smooth out and cook for a few minutes, until bubbles form on surface
- Remove rings, flip crumpets over and cook for a further minute.
- Remove from pan and place on wire rack to cool while you fry the next batch, greasing the pan and crumpet rings each time.