Christmas Biscuits (cookies).
So easy, your 9yo will be able to make them (as he did in the photo above!)
200g Platypus Foods baking mix
190g wheat starch
50g custard powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
170g butter, soft
1/2 cup brown sugar
180g golden syrup
Heat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Mix baking mix, wheat starch, custard powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy
- Add golden syrup and mix briefly
- Add dry ingredients to butter/sugar and mix until a dough forms
- Put half the dough in the fridge while working with the other half
- Roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 3-4mm thin
- Cut out shapes with biscuit cutters and place on tray dusted lightly with wheat starch
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (8 minutes for softer biscuits, 10 minutes for crunchier – they will firm up out of the oven)
- Remove trays from oven and carefully loosen biscuits with a spatula. Leave to cool on trays
- When cool, place on wire rack and ice with royal icing if desired.
Add 2 teaspoons of ginger powder and use to make gingerbread men.