Puff Pastry (rough puff)
Makes approximately 620g of pastry, 13g protein total, 2g protein/100g
120g Platypus Foods Baking mix
130g plain flour (13g protein)
250 butter, very cold
100ml ice cold water
- Mix flours together
- Rub butter into mixture roughly – you still want large chunks
- Add water and mix to a dough (you don’t want to handle it too much)
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes
- Roll out onto floured bench or floured grease proof paper to a long rectangle. Fold into thirds, turn roll out and fold again
- Fold into a square, wrap and put in fridge. Leave to chill for at least 20 minutes before using.
- To use, roll into a thin sheet and cut into desired shapes.