Based on the Cook For Love recipe
230g Platypus Foods Baking mix
30g plain flour (3g protein)
2 teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon nutmeg
¼ teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoons baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
100ml coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup brown sugar
150g crushed pineapple, well drained
120g grated apple
100g grated carrot
30g toasted coconut (2g protein)
60g craisins or sultanas
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Heat oven to 180 degrees celcius. Line and grease a muffin tray
2. Mix baking mix, spices, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
3. Whisk brown sugar, oil and coconut milk together in a medium bowl. Fold in apples, carrot and pineapple.
4. Make a well with the dry ingredients, and fold in the fruit mixture until just incorporated. Add the craisins and coconut and apple cider vinegar and mix briefly.
5. Quickly spoon mixture into muffin tray and bake for 25 minutes, until top bounces back when gently pressed and skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
Makes 12-14 muffins. 5g protein counted, 0.4g protein per muffin (for 12 muffins). Reduce phe/protein by omitting plain flour and increasing Platypus Baking mix to 260g, making 0.16g protein/muffin.